Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Pre-Valentine Experience: Boyce Avenue in Manila!!!


Yes! I was there! Who knew that I would be watching the YouTube hit band Boyce Avenue on February 13?! Although it was a Friday the 13th that day, everything went well for me. It was a really blurry day for me but it was really fun.

My roomate Mau told me a week before about the concert and I said, "What the? Why did you just told me about it? You should have told me sooner!". She said that she thought that I wasn't really that into Boyce Avenue. "Well that was before I had a blog! I have to cover that event! Nyahahaha!!!", I laughed.

So I started planning what to do, what to bring, and everything. I was so excited to put it on my blog.

February 13, 6pm. I arrived at MOA. I wanted to freshen up so I went to the CR when suddenly my phone rang. It was Jeff. Jeff is an officemate who just resigned from the company. I guess he was intrigued about the text I sent earlier about me coming to the concert. So I invited him to come. We talked on the phone for about 15 minutes. As usual, he said no and gave some really bad alibis. In short, he wasted my time (duh).


I knew that Jeff would just be wasting my time so while talking to him, I walked towards the concert grounds. The call was disconnected and I really can't hear him so who cares. The stage was really stunning. It's as if I was watching an American rock band (well, kinda) it's just that I only see them on TV or movies. I went straight where I could find seats only to find out that I have to buy a CD to get in. No problem. I went back quickly to where I could buy them and went inside and saved two seats for my friends.

Mau and my friends came from work so they were late. The people became incredibly crazy at about 6:45pm. The audience became so overcrowded. I doubted whether my friends will still make it on time.

6:50pm. There were fireworks display. Everything was splendid! Although, yeah, I felt really alone watching them. It's as if I were in a Disney movie minus a partner. Okay enough of that. Haha!

7pm. Kyla opened the night promoting her new songs from her new album. She sang Heart to heart, Old friend, and You make me feel. I love her rendition of Heart to heart but I swear to God that I promised myself to sing that song once I get my record label done. Ugh!


After Kyla's performance, we still waited a few minutes before the Boyce Avenue came out the stage. I really don't know their names until now. Hahaha! The people screamed and screamed at the sight of them. I felt awkward. Haha!

The guys performed songs like Apologize, Here and Now, With You, Change Your Mind, Wonderwall, The Freshman, Umbrella, and last but not least, my fave, Bleeding Love.



My friends were so late that they ended up watching the show at the far side of the stage. They couldn't get in through the thick crowd. So I literally watched the whole show without company. Anyway, I had fun taking pictures and vids.



There was a Meet and Greet and autograph signing after the show but it was only given to early birds and I wasn't one of them. So sad. :(

My Pre-Valentine experience doesn't stop there! I will be posting my friends' night-out after the concert.

-lorenz adam

1 comment: