Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Pre-Valentine Experience: Videoke Madness!

So after the Boyce Avenue concert, Me and my friends ate at Chef De Angelo. It was so good because Vincent treated us all for dinner.

We have planned to go karaoke afterwards and was just waiting for another friend, Galilee. She was still at work that time so we decided to meet at our destination, Top Grill.

Mau said that Top Grill is a really nice place to hang out and sing. You can just order whatever you like and you can sing for free! Well, it's just that you have to sing in front of the whole crowd, that is. Haha! Well that was our agenda, really, -To sing in front of drunk people without getting any tomatoes on our faces.

So we found our table. The place was cold and full of drunk people. There was a small stage where two performers can sing in front of all the people. We immediately ordered a bucket of beer and chose our songs. We can only sing two songs at a time to give way for other people to also sing (duh?).

I can't find a song that I can sing on the songbook so I just let Mau choose the songs for us, we're going to sing together anyway. The first song we sang is Cool with You. I just backed her up on that song but thought I did it very well. Actually, I think I did not do it well, I did it perfectly. Hahaha!

So we sang other songs and I forgot some of them but here are the things that retained on my mind:

Til my Heartaches end- we were appreaciated by the audience. They clapped fairly

I'd still say Yes- again I backed Mau up. I smashed it this time by hitting the Über high notes. Mwahaha!!! Everyone clapped loudly! I wanted to laugh at the sound of it. It gave me a different feeling. Flattered. Wahahaha!!!

Beautiful In My Eyes- my only solo song. Mau said I had to practice singing solo so I did. I love her because she wants to bring out the best in me. Awww... Ü And yeah, I like the people's reaction. Since it was already Valentine's day, the couples one by one dance in front of all the people. It was so sweet. It was really a different feeling seeing them enjoying my music. Gosh.

Well we sang other songs well too it's just that the crowd became too drunk and some of my fans already left. Hahaha! We were actually waiting in line to sing Ever After and Don't stop the music but it was too late so we decided to go home. Mau and Tin had to go to the CR so I waited at our table alone. Surprisedly, the 25-something guy on the other table smiled at me and shook my hand. He said something like 'Congrats'. Haha! Mau and Tin caught glimpse of that and asked, so I said, "Just one of my fans, you know..."

We headed home and laughed happily at all the funny things that we had that night. By the way, our total charge was less than 200php. ÜÜÜ

-lorenz adam

No comments:

Post a Comment